Leather pants are a popular fashion staple that can be dressed up or down for different occasions. When you’re planning an outfit for a night out, leather pants are a great option to look sexy and edgy. However, finding the right top to pair with leather pants can be tricky. Here are some tips on how to style leather pants for a night out.
Choosing The Right Top
The top you choose to wear with leather pants will set the tone for your whole outfit. You want something that complements the sleek, rocker vibe of the pants.
A form-fitting top balances out the tight fit of leather pants. Some good options include:
- Bodysuits – Look for lace, sheer mesh, or strappy styles.
- Camisoles – Silky camisoles with spaghetti straps have a boudoir-inspired feel.
- Corset or bustier tops – These accentuate your curves and show off some skin.
- Bandage tops – Skintight bandage or wrap tops in bright colors or metallics create an edgy contrast.
Going With Looser Tops
If you prefer a more relaxed, nonchalant look, looser tops work too. Consider:
- Oversized graphic t-shirts – Vintage rock band tees adds a grungy vibe. White or black oversized tees keep it simple.
- Boxy crop tops – Cropped button-downs, peasant blouses or casual woven tops balance the tight pants.
- Band tees and tanks – Slouchy rocker tanks glam up leather pants for a concert or music venue.
- Off-the-shoulder tops – The looser shoulder-baring silhouette prevents overpowering the leather pants.
Layering For Added Interest
Layering tops allows you to play with proportions. Here are creative layering ideas:
Mix Different Textures
Pairing sleek leather with softer textures makes an intriguing contrast. Options include:
- Leather, faux fur or shearling jacket – Top with a cropped moto jacket or faux fur coat night when it’s cooler out.
- Flowy kimono – An open kimono cardigan in chiffon, lace or silk flows nicely over a camisole.
- Flannel shirt – For casual grunge flair, don an oversized plaid flannel shirt.
Go For Mesh Or Sheer
Sheer and fishnet panels allow you to show hints of skin:
- Sheer blouses – Flirty, lace-trimmed blouses show just a peek of bralette or bra underneath.
- Mesh bodysuits – Mesh panels on a sleeveless bodysuit is provocative yet still covered up.
- Liquid net tops – Super fine netted fabric is opaque enough to layer over camisoles and tank tops.
Choosing The Right Jacket
Having the right outerwear elevates a leather pants outfit. Consider:
Bomber Or Biker Jacket
Nothing looks cooler with leather pants than a leather jacket. Opt for a fitted moto jacket or a oversized bomber.
A well-fitting denim jacket with some distressing adds a casual, model-off-duty look. Keep things monochromatic by wearing black denim with black leather pants.
Blazer Or Kimono
Fancy up leather pants by layering an elegant blazer, tuxedo jacket or silky kimono jacket on top for a night out.
Accessorizing For A Polished Look
Don’t forget accessories! Statement shoes, bags and jewelry take a basic leather pants outfit up a notch.
- Heels – Single sole stilettos or chunky block heels
- Boots – Over-the-knee, western or biker boots
- Sneakers – For casual flair try high-top converses or sporty wedge sneakers
- Structured purses – Rectangular clutches, logo totes, or crossbody bags
- Sparkly evening bags – Compact minaudieres covered in crystals or sequins
- Stacked bangles and cuffs
- Long pendant or lariat necklaces
- Hoop or chandelier statement earrings
- Rings worn on multiple fingers
Having the confidence to rock a pair of leather pants is key! By choosing a flattering top and cool accessories you’ll be dressed to kill for your big night out.
Leather pants command attention, so building the rest of your outfit around them ensures you look sleek and put-together. Form-fitting silhouettes, edgy details like mesh or fishnet, and moto-inspired layers all work seamlessly with leather pants. Don’t play it safe – be bold with your top when you wear leather pants out at night! Choosing stand-out shoes and jewelry finishes your show-stopping look.